CONTRAINDICATIONS TO MASSAGE
In most cases, massage is a safe procedure. People who are affected by one of the following situations should not undergo a massage:
· drinking alcohol before the massage,
· eating a meal immediately before the procedure. You should eat a meal at least one and a half hours before the massage.
all diseases with high body temperature (above 38° C), inflammatory diseases, infectious diseases, tuberculosis,
breaking the continuity of the skin,
all kinds of dermatological changes,
scars, bruises, skin inflammations, varicose veins (Only healthy parts of the body will be massaged)
allergies to cosmetics used for Massage,
hemorrhages or tendencies to their occurrence,
uncompensated heart defects, aneurysms, fresh blood clots, recent heart attack,
malignant and benign tumors
post-traumatic haemorrhages in joints and muscles (up to 3 days after the injury),
phlebitis, peripheral vascular disease,
· advanced atherosclerosis of peripheral or coronary vessels
thrombophlebitis (6 months after inflammation)
the period of pregnancy,
all cases requiring surgical intervention,
people after surgery (Massage can be done if the scars are healed)
peptic ulcer disease with bleeding,
· liver and kidney stones,
rupture of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer,
· inflammation of the pancreas,
cholecystitis, inflammation of the bile ducts,
State after myocardial infarction (2 weeks),
Recent inflammation of the valves and heart, uncompensated heart defects,
· Angina pectoris during an attack,
· Unregulated hypertension,
· Vascular diathesis,
Birger’s disease III°IV°,
Reunald’s disease III°IV°.
If you are not sure about your health, please consult your doctor before the massage in our office in Warsaw.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE MASSAGE?
• Eat your last meal at least 1 hour before the procedure,
• If you have severe digestive discomfort, which may worsen after meals, use the procedure on an empty stomach.
• Arrive 5 minutes early so you have time to get ready.
• Empty your bladder before the procedure.
•Make an enema or empty yourself before massaging your perineum (prostate).